My Freewill Astrology horoscope a couple of weeks ago had this quote from Christiane Northrup:
The only way to get a difficult feeling to go away is simply to love yourself for it…If you think you’re stupid, then love yourself for feeling that way. It’s a paradox, but it works. To heal, you must…shine the light of compassion on any areas within you that you feel are unacceptable.
These are the things I need to learn to love about myself:
- My financial messiness that I am in the process of cleaning up. Though it may be hopeless to ever think I could live frugally sticking to a tight budget.
- A body that is less than perfect.
- A wicked sweet tooth.
- Always feeling like my whole life is on the verge of crumbling into an absolute mess.
- The fact that despite completing the C25K running program, I don’t like running and don’t care to do it ever again.
- An almost complete inability to sit and relax for more than 10 or 20 minutes at a time.
- An unstoppable tendency to bite off more than I can chew.
- An inexplicable compulsion to sing along with "Copacabana" whenever it’s on the radio.
What about you? What are you learning to love about yourself?